Lilypie

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Hayden's First Birthday

At 2:14 pm a year ago today, Hayden Kristofer Davidson came into our lives and has blessed us so much throughout the year. Chris and I have been privileged by the gift that he is in our lives and have enjoyed so much watching him grow up throughout the year.

I've had work training part of this week, but I did leave a little early this afternoon so I could spend some time with the birthday boy. Chris was able to help me out by working from home today, so I was so glad they got to spend some time together. A terrible diaper rash has made him extremely unhappy for the past couple of days, but we managed to have a little celebration anyway.

After eating some dinner, we gave Hayden a Twinkie. Since we are having his birthday party this weekend and didn't want to steal the show and give him any cake today, I decided to buy something that would be cakelike so he could at least have a little treat on his birthday. And, what is more cakelike or wonderful than a Twinkie.

If the Twinkie was any indication of how much he will enjoy his birthday cake on Saturday, we should be in for a good show. After a few moments of observing, he went right into the process of getting rid of the Twinkie. The whole process didn't take more than a couple of minutes, because he accomplished the goal by sticking most of it in his mouth at one time. Pretty funny stuff.

I'm including a slideshow of some pics from the year to show how much he has grown. It is amazing to look at old pictures now.



The funniest part is getting to see him engulf the Twinkie. Here are some pictures of that.



And, here he is in action.

1 comments:

Kimberly Neyland said...

Too cute! Happy Birthday "Patrick". and as for the collage you asked about I downloaded Picasa3, I think it's a google app and you can create the collage and import it directly to Blogger. Real easy and quick!