Lilypie

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Look at Hayden go!

I never knew that a parent could be so happy about walking! Being mobile at such a young age and being an early crawler led me to believe that Hayden would walk early, too. Nine months rolled around and people started asking if he was walking. Now granted, he was a nine month old who was the size of a 15 month old...so he probably looked like he ought to be walking. But, of course, parent worry set in, and I began to think he needed to start walking. I would stand him up, and PLOP! He would fall right down and go back to his business and was as happy as he could be that he was crawling. I guess I was worried that Hayden might go to college and not walk there or something. Hehehe...

Isn't it funny how we can't control things but we try so desperately to so many times? It doesn't always just have to do with our children, but I must admit that I often see parents trying to control their children's lives. They encourage their child to be the best soccer player or the most popular person in school or keep up with so and so when the child is perfectly content to be in the band or hang out with math nerds or to challenge themselves to be the best they can be rather than keeping up with someone else. Or, some crazy parent might even challenge their child to walk rather than be content to let them develop at their own pace. Hehehe...

Now granted, I have made some huge strides with my control issues, but just when I think I've licked them, my flesh kicks in and those ugly control issues rear their ugly head again. Isn't it funny how when we "let things go," they take care of themselves?

Now, look at him go! Sorry for the obnoxious number of videos, but I am really excited for him! (And me...26 pounds is a lot to carry around.) Hehehe...





I had to remove a toy that was in the way on this one!

1 comments:

Dickinson Family said...

Chloe must have motivated him at the beach!!! YAY HAYDEN!