Lilypie

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A Bunch of Random Stuff Lately

Like I said in my earlier post, we have been busy bees since I ended my work for the year, and I have absolutely loved my time at home with Hayden. The following are just some random events that have happened in the last several months that don't really fit into any other blog post.

Several months ago, I made another trip to Easely Amused. I had previously blogged about a trip with my Sunday School class where we painted some pumpkins. This time, the trip was with some women from our church, and we painted a paisley cross. I had heard that it was more difficult, so I was nervous...but I was pleasantly surprised that it actually turned out alright. I haven't hung my pictures anywhere in the house yet, since none of them really match our colors. Maybe, I will start an art gallery sometime soon. Hehehe....just kidding, of course.

This was the goal picture that was painted by the Easely Amused staff.

This was my finished product. Pretty good, if I do say so myself. They really do make it so easy for you. The paisleys are just backwards sixes.

This was the entire group from Morrison Heights. Notice that one girl did different colors. Hers was for someone's nursery and turned out super cute! I couldn't get that brave, though.

Recently, Hayden had his first experience riding on those little moving animals you see in malls and shopping centers. Hayden, because of his great love for buses, had to ride the yellow bus first. He loves yellow buses. Next, he had to ride the "choo choo kain"...aka choo choo train. Finally, he had to ride the donkey. He said "hee haw" the entire ride.



We had a great Easter weekend. Hayden isn't quite old enough to understand the Easter bunny yet, and he doesn't like chocolate (is this really my kid?)...so the Easter bunny didn't bring a lot this year. I'm hoping he can understand a little more next year and especially that we can teach him what Easter is really all about....the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Here is a family pic and a picture of Hayden's Easter basket.


Hayden loves water! Although he recently went on a little streak where he hated taking baths and screamed every time, he is loving them again. Every time he sees water while we are driving down the road, he has to tell us all about it. He can't quite get the "w" sound down, so water actually comes out as "lader." A few weeks ago, Chris and I went and got some yogurt at a place in Flowood called Berry Berry Good Frozen Yogurt. (Their yogurt is outstanding, by the way...the white chocolate is the best!) They have one of those frog fountains outside, where the water comes straight up from the concrete. Hayden went over to it, and it was on! He had a fabulous time getting soaking wet, pointing, splashing, and exclaiming "lader!" the entire time. He was so funny and cracked everyone up who was outside. I knew he would like it, but I had no idea he would get right into it and stick his face in it. Thankfully, we had a change of clothes.


He was just getting started right here.


You can probably tell how soaked he is here.
The next pictures are just random pictures.


This is from the Natural Science Museum. He looks like such a big boy here. Of course, he is a big boy. :o)


This was his first ride in one of the car buggies at Kroger. He drove us through all of Kroger.

2 comments:

Gran said...

That boy is a total mess and absolutely a blessing.

Gran

anjalimehtus said...



do you want to study in abroad today or in the next intake. we are the best and top rated study abroad consultancies in india with good visa assurance.we help you in filing the f1 visa for overseas education consultants in himayat nagar
you in very less time. we are also help you with information needed to apply for the college university.