Lilypie

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

SNOW! - February 12, 2010

Can you believe Mississippi actually got some snow...and a substantial amount this year? The weather forecasters had been predicting large amounts, but because Mississippi never receives much snow at all, I must admit that I was dubious. Because of the large amount that was predicted, I knew that I wanted Hayden to have a full snow experience if we were going to get as much as predicted. It was hard for me to imagine staying in the city for so much snow, so the night all the snow was supposed to start, the four of us (Chris, Hayden, Gus, and I) headed out to my Mom's house in Pelahatchie. What better place to experience so much snow than in the wide open country!

Sure enough, the snow started the night of February 11th and continued through mid-day on the 12th. At my last measurement, my mom received a little over 7 inches of snow. It was beautiful. As far as Hayden goes, he had fun but hated getting down in the snow. He liked it for a short while and then just got mad at it. Chris was able to stay for a little while that morning, but then, he had to go to work.

So, after putting Hayden down for his nap, my mom and I started on my very first snow man. I had never built a snow man before, so it was really fun. It didn't turn out to be a perfect snow man, but I was pretty proud of it.

Hayden and I left after he woke up from his nap, and Clinton was still a blanket of white. Unfortunately, the snow had turned into an icee-like mixture, so that was the end of playing in it.

Here are some pictures from the snow.

0 comments: