Lilypie

Monday, September 22, 2008

Bath Time on My Birthday

Hayden turns 2 months old today! Actually, as I am typing this, he is now officially 2 months old (he was born at 2:14 pm). I thought we'd celebrate his birthday by sharing one of Hayden's favorite events with everyone - bath time! When we first got Hayden home from the hospital, he absolutely hated getting baths and would scream all the time, but now, he absolutely loves his bath. He usually gets one about every other day...only a total of about 2 to 3 a week...usually not more often than that, because I don't want to dry his skin out.

His little tub is great. It has a little hammock mesh-type thing that Hayden lays in while he's getting a bath, and it can be used until he's a toddler. Hayden is a lot like his mom, because he enjoys warm bath water. I was actually afraid it might be a little too warm when I found a temperature he liked, but I guess he'd let me know if it was too warm! As much as Hayden likes getting a bath, he really enjoys what happens after his bath. We have these really fluffy brown towels that we bought at Linens N' Things, and he likes those so much more than the baby towels. We wrap him up tight and carry him back into his room to dry him off.

I'm posting some pictures below. In an effort to reduce his embarassment when he is older and sees the pictures, I tried to minimize the nakedness. Oh, and there's also a picture that gives everyone a good idea of how LONG he is!

1 comments:

The Patterson 5 said...

Oh he is sooooo cute! Bath time is oh so fun! My guys always seemed to sleep better on bath nights! I hope ya'll get some good rest tonight! Thanks for the pictures!