Lilypie

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Our Little Big Man

Yesterday, Hayden went for his 4-month checkup and shots, and I was shocked to see how big he was. He weighed 18 pounds, 1 ounce! Wow, now that is a chunk! He is in the 95th percentile for weight and 90th percentile for height, so it's good that his height and weight are proportional. The doctor came in, and one of the first questions she asked me was if he was eating alright. I laughed and asked her if he looked like he skipped too many meals.

Anyway, he didn't do as well with these shots and screamed alot longer than he did with his last shots, but he felt remarkably well all day yesterday. I think he already had his feelings hurt at the office, because I had scratched his face up earlier when I was taking off his outfit...that 18 pounds is a lot of body to pull those outfits over. :o)

Along with turning 4 months old comes the exciting adventure of starting cereals and baby food. Hayden had his first experience with eating rice cereal and with eating out of a spoon last night. It was truly hilarious, but he did really well with it.

This is me feeding Hayden his first bites of rice cereal. The camera man wasn't doing too well. I got better with feeding him by the end of the bowl, but you'll see here that I definitely didn't have expert technique. I did do better than the first time I ever fed my niece baby food...my mom can vouch for how terribly I did feeding Lindsey when she was a baby. Hehehe.....



This is Chris feeding Hayden later. The canmera woman has a little better skills, and Dad sure did do great feeding Hayden. Oh, and you'll hear us talking about how he would never finish that much and me saying that I mixed too much. Well, he finished the whole bowl, and it didn't take him too long to do it. By the time Chris fed him, you can see he was really enjoying himself and was really excited and happy about getting some real food!



And, here are some pictures.



You can tell he enjoyed the experience a lot. :o) I just can't wait for carrots and peas and bananas and other things to come. I'll be sure and get a bib next time, though. :o)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris definitely has the better feeding technique, but Missy is the better photographer!

The Patterson 5 said...

He's grown so much! Looks like he enjoyed his first tastes of food! You all did a great job!!

Anonymous said...

Hope ya'll are having a wonderful Thanksgiving! I enjoy keeping up with your family through your blog! Hayden is so handsome!
Aunt KPR