Lilypie

Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

We had a great and fun Thanksgiving as a family, but we're pooped from all the traveling and turkey-eating. On Wednesday when Chris got off work, we headed to Columbus to Chris' mom's house. We spent Wednesday and Thursday nights with MaMaw, Kelli, and Brianna and then headed off to Starkville on Friday around lunch for Hayden's first visit to the home of the Bulldogs. Chris and I ate at one of our favorites (as if we hadn't already had enough food), The Grill, and then did a little shopping for Hayden. We headed off to Pelahatchie for my mom's house Friday evening and had Thanksgiving with Gran, my brother, Tracie, Lindsey, and Kristopher on Saturday. Chris, Hayden, and I all arrived back in Clinton Saturday night very tired, very stuffed, and very much thankful for the time we were able to spend with family.

Hayden was a very good traveler (as always) and had a great first Thanksgiving with us. I can't even begin to explain how thankful Chris and I are for the gift that God has given us in Hayden. He continues to change everyday. He's really doing well with his rice cereal and as of Saturday began opening his mouth in readiness for his food. We've also added a little bit of bananas to his cereal a couple of times, and he REALLY loves that.

Now, as Christmas time is approaching, I must also say that I am most thankful for the gift God has given us in His Son, Jesus Christ. I hope that as the business of the Christmas holidays approaches that I can constantly remember the true reason for the season, the celebration of Christ's birth. On that note (Christmas, that is), I hope you all enjoy the Christmas music that is now on our blog...I could listen to these songs all year long.

Here are some Thanksgiving pictures for y'all to enjoy!



Hayden really enjoyed Gran's exersaucer, and I just had to share this video. He figured out he could jump in it and really went to town after that. You'll really enjoy Gran's comment at the end of the video...I don't think it worked, by the way. Hehehe....

2 comments:

The Patterson 5 said...

Oh! He is growing up so much! Glad ya'll had a safe and happy Thanksgiving!

The Patterson 5 said...

Momma loved your pictures, music, and especially the video. She was surprized at how quickly Hayden is growing up. Thanks for letting us watch!