Lilypie

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Fun...

Christmas was wonderful for the Davidson family! Last Monday, we headed off to Columbus to have Christmas with Chris' mom (MaMaw), sister, and niece (and Samson, Kelli's dog). I'm normally super busy before the holidays cooking food to take to all of the relatives' houses, but this year, I took a break from cooking to just soak in all the wonderful time with family. We had a very yummy brunch Tuesday morning at MaMaw's house and then all opened presents. Hayden was so excited to receive lots of fun gifts and was especially excited about all of his big boy clothes and his MSU baseball piggy bank.

We headed off Tuesday evening for my mom's house to spend Christmas in the Hatchie (or Pelahatchie, as some call it) with my mom (Gran), brother, sister-in-law, niece, and nephew (and Gus and Bridgett, the dogs of the family). My brother and Tracie had bought their kids (or was it really for them?) a Nintendo Wii with some money my grandmother gave them and had evidently already allowed them to open it before the holidays. We plugged it in Tuesday night and played it most of the time, and oh my, is it addicting or what? We had lots of fun playing games from the Wii Sport pack that comes with the Wii as well as Mario Kart. Oh yeah, and Christmas....we actually did have Christmas. We ate a yummy lunch provided by my mom on Christmas Eve and then opened presents. We even stopped long enough to take a family photo.

Around dinner time on Christmas Eve, Chris and I headed back to Clinton so we could get ready for Santa's first visit to Hayden. Chris and I also opened our gifts to each other that night...Chris got me a beautiful antique, pearl/diamond ring....I was super excited...it's beautiful! After that, we had to make sure the chimney was ready for Santa to come, and I think it must have been ready and that Hayden must have been good....because Hayden got lots of fun things from Santa...a jumper, a Teddy Ruxpin, some books, a musical table, a MSU Mr. Potato Head, and a lamb that you can load songs onto. After Santa's visit Christmas morning, we had a family brunch at my house. Hayden jumped in his jumper the whole time! He loves that thing!

On the day after Christmas, Chris and I did one of the most senseless things we've ever done. We went shopping! We had to take my ring back to Albriton's to get it sized, and then, we headed off in search for a Wii of our own...we were addicted to Kris and Tracie's Wii. After a long search, we found some in stock at the Game Stop in Clinton. Well, let me tell you, I really don't think it was senseless for us to buy a Wii (because we used some Christmas money to buy it), but it was super senseless to stand in a line THAT long for a Wii. We couldn't even use the excuse that we were standing in line for our children, because Hayden was obviously fast asleep in his stroller, not too worried about the Wii. But, after a long stay in Game Stop, we have our Wii and our Mario Kart game.

That evening, I was able to see some of my college friends. I meant to take some pictures but didn't. Leslie lives in Memphis and was my college room-mate for all 4 years and my matron of honor...can you believe someone would actually WANT to live with me for 4 years? :o) Abby lives here in Ridgeland and was one of my roomies in the sorority house, and Elizabeth lives in Portland, Oregon and was my roomie one year in the sorority house and my big sis in the sorority. It was great to see all of them!

Since then, Chris, Hayden, and I have just been enjoying quality time with each other. Chris is out of work through Thursday of this week, so Hayden and I have really enjoyed our time with him. We've just been Wii nerds most of the time, but it sure is fun to all be nerds here together.

We are so blessed! Hope you enjoy our pictures. I'm even posting a video of Lindsey and I racing each other on the Wii....and, yes, that is a Pearl shirt I have...from my days of teaching there. Oh, and Lindsey was right...I did smoke her on Mario Kart...but she made it a really close game! I have some video of Hayden's Christmas morning that I'll try to load from the video camera sometime soon.



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lindsey smoked everybody in bowling, though. And, yes, everybody, including her daddy. He'd better practice while Tracie, Lindsey, and Kristopher are in Meridian! I'll bet Missy and Chris will try to pretend they have not been practicing the next time they play Lindsey.