Lilypie

Thursday, January 29, 2009

25 Random Things About Me....

Wow! This tagging thing is catching on like crazy, but it's kind of fun. This tag came from Kimberly, and these were the instructions. I am supposed to write a list of 25 random things about me. Then, I am supposed to tag 25 people as well as the person who tagged me. So, here goes...
  1. I love to swim. Although I have fallen behind the last couple of weeks, I usually swim 3 times a week. I started it after I had Hayden.
  2. I absolutely LOVE ice cream and could eat it all the time. My favorite? Maggie Moos and Cold Stone...they mix whatever you want in your ice cream...what could be better than that?
  3. I really enjoy cooking. My specialty? Cheesecakes and baking. I'm thinking about turning the cheesecake thing into a semi-business during the holidays.
  4. I'm a huge math and science nerd, especially math. Almost everything I see, I relate to math in some way. I'm weird.
  5. I can't stand eating semi-warm food. It has to be piping hot.
  6. When I eat a hamburger that I cook myself, I have to tear the cheese off the corners (the cheese that hangs off the edge) and distribute it evenly on my burger.
  7. Chris and I met on a blind date our freshman year. We were married 4 years later and were only engaged for 14 weeks. We were ready to get married, and my mom and I are quick planners. :o)
  8. I am so glad I have a God who sent His Son to die for me. I am so glad that being a Christian and going to heaven is as easy as confessing that Jesus Christ is Lord and believing in your HEART that God raised him from the dead. (Romans 10:9)
  9. I've broken both of my feet, in the matter of only a couple of months. Oh, and I should probably add that I broke them both falling down the SAME stairs. Clumsy, I know!
  10. I enjoy playing tennis, but I haven't played since before I was pregnant.
  11. I grew up in the big city of Pelahatchie, MS but went to school at Brandon. My parents were both educators in Brandon, so that's why I got to go to a different school.
  12. My brother and I both raised pet cows (these were calves who had moms that died). My brother had Alex and D.C. (stood for da' cow), and I had Alexandra (one of Alex' calves).
  13. We also (mostly my mom and I) raised a baby squirrel we named Timber. It fell out of its mother's nest. Timber died after we let it go.
  14. I enjoy playing cards.
  15. I was a member of Delta Gamma sorority at Mississippi State, and I love my Room 211 girls!
  16. I wear a coat a lot of the time when I'm inside, and it drives my sweet husband crazy!
  17. I love trout fishing, and my mom and I make a trip to Heber Springs, AR every year.
  18. I love Burt's Bee balm...it's a great chapstick.
  19. I had three hernia surgeries in one year in college, and all three were rare for me to have. I usually manage to defy medical odds. My brother says I should donate my body to science.
  20. My full name is Melissa Doris Patrick Davidson, but since I've been married, I'm Melissa Patrick Davidson. Doris is my grandmother's name. I've been called Missy since I was born, though.
  21. I love being a wife and a mom.
  22. My mom drank castor oil to get me here. She must have been ready to not be pregnant anymore. She laughed (happily) when I was born and she found out I was girl. Probably because she was so tired of dealing with my dorky brother. Hehehe...
  23. I am really perplexed why the Germ-X and Purell bottles (even Clorox cleaner) all say that they kill 99.9% of germs. Is anyone else wondering about the other 0.1% of germs, or is it just me?
  24. I really hope my child doesn't like Barney and Baby Bop. I find them extremely annoying. I'm more of a Pooh girl.
  25. I am not a decorator. Just come look at my house! I do hope to get it decorated a little along the way, though.

Okay, that's it! Whew, I thought I'd never finish. Now, I have to tag 25 different people. So, if you are reading this and you have a blog, that means you - especially Tracie, Robyn, Mary Lee, Lori, Dee Dee, Ginny, Tiffany, Jill, and Melissa! Don't pretend like you didn't read this and skip out on this fun activity. Do it, or else! Hehehe... Oh, and if you have a blog and I don't have your blog address, post a comment to give me your blog address.

3 comments:

The Patterson 5 said...

Hey! How about the letter "C"! Thanks for playing!

The Patterson 5 said...

I love your 25 random facts...I've known you all your life and well I still learned LOTS of new things! You are an amazing lady Mellisa Doris Patrick Davidson!

Dee Dee said...

Okay, we thought we had a Cold Stone Creamery here in Bastrop, but it closed before we moved, but the sign is still up - I feel deceived.

Also, I'm so with you on the Burt's Bees. I keep some in the bathroom for bedtime and in my purse! :-)

Oh, I did 25 things and posted it on Facebook. I'll behave and post them on my blog in the next day or two! I already meant to do this and totally forgot!

D2