Lilypie

Thursday, January 22, 2009

6 Months Old!

I can hardly believe that Hayden is 6 months old today! I know that the one year mark for a baby is always super exciting, but I'm almost as super excited about him being 6 months old. The last half of a year has been so wonderful, and Hayden has definitely filled this house with so much joy and excitement. Chris and I love our "Little Man" so much!

Hayden in his high chair...That's sweet potatoes on his mouth!

Last Thursday, I had to take Hayden to the pediatrician because of a sinus infection, so they went ahead and did his 6-month checkup and shots then...since he wasn't running any fever. Hayden came in at a whopping 21 pounds and remains in the 95th-97th percentile for his height, weight, and head circumference. He was a really big boy when he got his shots and only cried for a few seconds, just long enough to make the pretty nurse feel sorry for him...he is such a ham and flirt! Oh, and he's feeling much better after getting some Amoxicillin...he loves that pink stuff!
Hayden has lots of new tricks he loves to do. Since a little before three months old, he has been rolling over, but last week, he moved from rolling over one way to rolling clear across the room. And, a 6 month old who is 21 pounds and as long/tall as he is can get across the room pretty quickly when he wants to. He's beginning to pull himself up to a sitting position when he's in my lap, but he can't quite get the balance right to sit up on the floor by himself.

One of the other things he is doing is something Chris and I call "kissing me." He loves to put his hands on both sides of my face, bring my face toward his, and put his entire mouth around my chin. I think it has something to do with teething, but it is super cute. He's done it to Chris a couple of times, but he does it to me ALL the time. One morning, Chris was holding Hayden, and Chris gave me a kiss goodbye. Right after that, Hayden grabbed my face, put my chin in his mouth, and then let go with a smile like, "There you go, Mommy. There's your kiss from me." Also, I'm pretty sure I won't end up with any hair after this whole hair pulling stage is over!

Even though he can't totally sit up by himself yet, we've started feeding him in his high chair and letting him ride in his stroller without his car seat. He especially loves riding in his stroller, because he loves people and being able to watch people. He just rides and smiles and flirts. What a ham!


Hayden in his stroller...ready to go!!!

Oh, and I'll give everyone an update on the pacie adventure. He did great when we took the pacie away, or I guess I should say that he did great after I broke his pacie. We had two nights of screaming when we put him to bed, and that was it! It was remarkably easy.

Happy 6 month old birthday, Little Man. We love you!

2 comments:

mary lee said...

Happy 6 months, Hayden!! He is such a cutie! I'm not even trying the pacie thing yet! We are trying to potty train now, and I don't think I could live through it without a pacie! :)

The Patterson 5 said...

Happy 6 month birthday! What fun! He has grown so much! Thanks for bringing us along on the adventure!