Lilypie

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

RIVERDANCE

This past weekend, several girls (and several of our moms) from our church headed off to Memphis to see Riverdance. Yes, that's right...I went to see those Irish dancers who have amazing fast, fancy footwork do their "thang." :o) We made it a day trip and all rode together, and after lots of laughs along the way, we made it to the rainy city of Memphis. We met my friend Leslie there, and it was so good to see her. I've mentioned Leslie before...she is the amazing person who managed to put up with and live with me and all my randomness for four years in college.

We enjoyed some fantastic ribs at Charlie Vergos Rendezvous, which is one of my all-time favorite places to eat ribs (Dreamland BBQ is right there with them). After stuffing ourselves full of ribs, we headed off to Riverdance at the Orpheum Theatre. What a combination by the way - ribs and Riverdance!

The show was great! My favorite part was an act that included some hilarious tap dancers and some Riverdancers. You can see something like it (not quite like we saw it but pretty close) here. I would definitely recommend seeing this amazing show if it ever comes close to where you live!


The Riverdance Group


Leslie and I

3 comments:

The Patterson 5 said...

Looks like you all had a fabulous evening!

Dee Dee said...

I LOVE the Orpheum...what a great place to see the show!! I love Rendevous, too!! Dry rub...yum.

Dee Dee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.