Lilypie

Monday, July 13, 2009

A Great Summer So Far

We've had a wonderful summer so far...and it's not even over! :o) It didn't take long for Hayden and I to figure out our summer routine, and after I saw how much he loved the pool, the pool is in our routine almost every day. He is an absolute water bug. I started off with a ring float, but he didn't like it and spent most of his time trying to climb out of it. I bought him some floaties thinking that he wouldn't be ready for them, but he took to them after about 30 minutes. He isn't walking on land, but he can walk all around in the water like a pro. The YMCA in Clinton has a large kiddie area in the pool that is about 2 feet deep and just perfect for him to walk around by himself and play. He is blowing bubbles in the water now and can recover by himself when he accidentally goes under (and doesn't cry either). He is just now beginning to relax enough to float for a little while in the deep end. It really is amazing to watch him in the water. Here's a short video of him walking over to one of his pool friends, Courtney...she's there more than we are! :o)



I never would have believed he wouldn't be walking by now since he crawled and started pulling up so early, but he doesn't seem ready yet. He has just now started letting go of the furniture some, and there are times when we can stand him up in the middle of the floor and he will stand there by himself. He's also beginning to walk while holding on to our hands some, too. But, he definitely has a mind of his own and knows when he wants to do certain things, so I'm just going to let him figure it all out. He can get around well enough and fast enough by crawling. :o) He's also begun climbing things...climbing into drawers, climbing into cabinets, and trying to climb furniture.

Recently, I made a trip to Jellystone water park in Pelahatchie, MS with Hayden, my mom (Gran), Tracie, Lindsey, and Kristopher. We had a great time. Having a Ward's (I do love their breakfast so) was about as big as I thought the Hatchie would ever get, but they have their very own little water park. It was perfect. It has an area with shallow water (shallow enough for Hayden to crawl around in) with a couple of slides and water fountains. It also has a pool, but the kids were never too eager to get in the pool since the area with the slides was so much fun. It was really cute...no sightings of Yogi and BooBoo...but maybe next time. :o)

Hayden has a new friend, and his name is Eeyore. When Lindsey turned one year old, I gave her an Eeyore ride-on with the understanding that it would be kept so that my children could use it one day. Tracie passed it on to me recently, and I pulled it out this week. I didn't think Hayden would be ready for it, but he loves it. He rides it around the house. He's not too directionally smart yet, so he runs into a lot of walls and furniture, but he just looks at one of us to turn him around and keeps on going. We're getting him another little ride-on for his birthday since he loves this one so much.



This weekend, Chris and I are headed to New Orleans for an early 5-year anniversary celebration. I'm excited to get away and have some time for the two of us. And, in a little over a week now, Hayden turns 1 year old....and we are having a little family party for him that next weekend. So, I'll be posting pictures along the way.

Here are some pictures. There are some from a recent swimming trip...Dad got to come with us recently, so I could take some pictures. There are some from around the house, and there are some from Jellystone.

0 comments: