Lilypie

Friday, October 31, 2008

Catching Everyone Up

Sorry it's been so long since I last posted! I've been so busy with work and trying to keep up with a 3-month old. We're doing well. Hayden is getting so big and is such a blessing from God each and every day. Chris and I often talk about the fact that we can't imagine what life was without him...and it's true.

Hayden had his first night away from home last week and did great. Chris and I were tackling a painting project on our fireplace, and I thought it would be best if Hayden wasn't near any paint fumes. So, he stayed with Gran last Thursday night and did great. He had a lot of fun and met my favorite toy as a child, Teddy Ruxpin. Teddy is now at our house, and Hayden just loves talking to Teddy as Teddy talks to him. It's so cute! Oh, and mom and dad did fine with Hayden's absence as well. We missed him, and it was awfully quiet in our house...but the fireplace looks great!

I've been super busy with work and have several upcoming deadlines. It's such a blessing that I'm able to do alot of my work from home, but as you can imagine, it's quite difficult to get very much done with a baby who just loves lots of attention. So, this Monday, Chris stayed home from work to watch Hayden so I could get some work done. On Monday morning, Chris was talking about trying to get some of his work done during the day, but by the afternoon, Chris saw what I meant about not being able to get much done. I overheard him talking to someone from work on the phone and telling them that he needed to get back to work so he could get some rest and that keeping up with a 3-month old was harder than he thought. I think Chris really enjoyed the day and getting to hang out with Hayden, and I was so greatful for the chance to get some work done.

Hayden has two new toys - a Bumbo and his exersaucer. Well, he's had the exersaucer for a while, but it has just now gotten put together. Hayden enjoys his Bumbo, and I recommend this for all new parents. It is a contraption that actually allows a baby to sit up. Hayden loves being near us and is especially needy when we are eating supper, so we thought putting the Bumbo on the kitchen table so that Hayden could see us might help things out. It worked...Hayden loves eating supper with us and especially enjoys staring at our food. No food yet, son....wait a little while longer. Hehehe.... As you can see from the pictures, Hayden also thinks his Bumbo is great for sleeping. He's so funny! He is also really enjoying his exersaucer. I'm surprised how much he can do with it already. He can turn himself in it pretty well and especially loves reading the book about a duck and a dog. He's a very studious child!

Well, I'm posting some pictures below. Hope everyone enjoys!!

0 comments: